For information regarding bus routes or to make changes to your student's bus schedule, please contact Transportation Director Lon Abrams at 309-379-6011 ext 1111 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Voicemail messages are still retrieved after hours so please feel free to leave messages even during non-school hours.
Click HERE to see elementary transportation bus stops and times as well as shuttle bus stops.
Overview of Transportation Department
Olympia Transportation Department provides transportation as needed to more than 1,800 students each day. There are 35 busses that are utilized to pick-up and drop-off students at 4 attendance centers in the Olympia School District and 8 out-of-district attendance centers in Central Illinois.
The Olympia Transportation Garage is located at 907 E. 800 North Road, south of the town of Stanford, Illinois at the Olympia Administration building. Our facilities are efficient and capable of supporting the following:
- Most school busses are equipped with an onboard DVR/VCR type camera. Tapes can be reviewed at the Director of Transportation's office.
- Ability to support busses and onsite parking for staff and drivers.
- Full repair facilities, including lifts, power washers, parts washer for regular maintenance and light repair of all Olympia District busses and support vehicles.
- Driver support facility with meeting areas and a meeting room.
- New computerized routing software
|Student Transportation Statistics||Year 14-15||Year 15-16||Year 16-17|
|Number of Students per day||1514||1510||1410|
|Number of Busses and Support Vehicles||31||31||30|
|Miles traveled during school year||643,938||592,260||606,098|
|Cost of Transportation per mile||$2.81||$3.00|